Time and again, people told of memories from earlier in the their lives or of houses from the past where these ovens played a big role in making food.
Some points that came up often:
- It takes a laundry basket of hardwood to fire a 36" diameter oven to 700 degrees and without additional wood, the oven will be hot enough to cook many other meals for 3-4 days afterwards.
- The cost of a true brick oven is less than most cars we buy yet it will last a life time (or five) without repair costs.
- They can be built outdoors, indoors, or in moderated spaces such as three-season porches.
- True Brick Ovens travels to most places in the country to build these. We have a process and method that makes sense to do this.
- And lastly, brick ovens are social magnets. Owning and using one will change your social life as well as the quality of food you eat.