Although my website shows a number of previous oven projects, I have found that every oven can be designed as a perfect fit with the customer, the customer's place and needs. The result is that a look at the nearly 40 ovens I've built reveals that each one is different: variations on a theme.
A CAD drawing helps the process in a number of ways:
- It describes dimensions: footprint, elevation, roof or chimney route, wood box and oven mouth.
- It allows for an accurate quote on cost (and comparison to other options)
- It prepares me for the quantity of materials needed.
- It can be forwarded to the local building inspector and/or architect/contractor so that we are coordinated.
- It is the reference point for alterations, if needed, during the project.
- And lastly, it may allow the design client to build it him or herself. For this, I provide a design consultation service.