Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Brick Oven Events

I'll be bringing my portable brick oven to the Common Ground Country Fair for the weekend of September 23,24,25.
www.mofga.org/
There I'll be demonstrating the skills of building, firing and cooking in a true brick oven.
I'll be joined by Elisheva Kaufman of www.growseed.org a grower and scholar on heritage wheat and grain varieties.
Beyond just bread, the oven will be available to participants at the Fair for baking every kind of food, from potatoes, to chickens, beans, to pies.  We'll be stationed in the Ag Demo area next to the Farmer's Market and I look forward to a weekend of community and great baked foods.


Earlier in the summer I built a portable 48" oven for Ryan Carey who began making pizza at state events in July. From his facebook page, Pizza on the Fly, he seems to get around.

In early October I'll be visiting a small town in France that still has a community brick oven and later in the month building an oven for a bakery in Massachusetts.

In the meantime, www.northstarstoneworks.com, my landscape design and stonework 'division' has been hard at it building wall, terraces, and natural boulder landscapes in Maine and New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment