- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 ounces pancetta or ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed or cook them from dry beans soaking them the day before.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs or chunks of stale bread
- Grated parmesan
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Tuscan-Ribollita-355570#ixzz1I6DBEMSb
I saw this soup on nearly all the menus in Tuscany and Umbria.