Monday, March 28, 2011

Show Business

There's no business without show business...
The Seacoast Home and Garden Show at UNH last weekend reminded me that a brick oven is every food-lovers dream.
After my recent trip to Italy, where I visited many regional markets and eateries, I realized that a portion of what all vendors do is show business. Yes, that is a pig's head in an Italian market.
My enthusiasm for brick ovens and other people's desire and enthusiasm stems from seeing the real thing.
In the next few months I will be taking my portable brick oven to a number of locations, both public and private. Most public and noticable will be the Northern New England Home, Garden and Flower Show at the Fryeburg Fairgrounds in May. www.homegardenflowershow.com
There I will be able to have a real fire (outdoors) in the oven and offer samples of what these extraordinary appliances can do. Chef Jim Davis of Stonhurst Manor will join me on Sunday for his more-than-famous Bang's Island Mussels dish.

In the meantime, if I spoke with you at the Portland or Durham show, know that I enjoyed the conversations and that you made the effort worthwhile. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment