Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Brick Oven Cooking: part four

I'm reposting this blog from Labor Day because it supplements the cooking series.  It is my ongoing campaign  to de-pizza-ize the image  of brick ovens.


Because my brick oven retains temperature over long periods of time, I could braise leeks and roast beets one evening, then make a peach crisp the next day.

Eggplant parm one night, preparing all the ingredients in the oven prior to assembling and re-baking one night, Bimbambap another night.

Street corn, pane Tuscano, and husk roasted sweet corn.  The list is endless.

I've occasionally re-stoked the oven with a minimum of firewood to maintain higher temps over the course of a few days.

I've been dehydrating peaches and tomatoes using the last 180 degrees.  It concentrates the flavor and reduces the volume for preserving.




1 comment: