Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hill Towns



A good deal of inspiration for making culturally authentic food comes from traveling afar. I travel with an unstated goal of finding something unexpected. By renting a car and not booking hotels for every day of the journey I allow myself the surprise of discovery.
Still, if we go out into the fall woods looking for mushrooms, we are more likely to observe the ground in greater detail than, let's say, the bird life.
This time in Italy, I expect my head will be turned by bakeries and my Italian vocabulary as it relates to brick ovens will grow.
Joining this with my background in fiction writing and landscape photography should provide me with ample activity.




All photos copyright David Neufeld 2005
See: www.mossflowerdesign.net

No comments:

Post a Comment