Monday, July 23, 2012

Talkin' Brick Ovens




In a few days I will be bringing my portable brick oven to the 2012  Kneading Conference in Skowhegan, Maine.  kneadingconference.com/

In addition to firing the oven up so that King Arthur Flour Company http://www.kingarthurflour.com can bake in it, I will be presenting a talk on 3000 years of Brick Oven Baking.   Since I build traditional old-world domed ovens and bake in them, I have been drawn to explore ovens in Europe, Central America, and North America from which I learn much about the construction and use of these ovens. 
The Kneading Conference is fully subscribed at this time but I will post blogs on the happenings there as time and downloading permit.

Give us this day our daily bread (Urval, France)
These conferences are a great way to meet and talk to the experts and fanatics in the field of wood-fired ovens, bread baking, and heritage grains.

I personally look forward to learning a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment